- This week we will be celebrating Read Across America. This is an event that, not only honors Dr. Seuss’s birthday, but also gets kids excited about reading. In addition to some fun reading and writing activities that the students will be doing in class, we will be having many exciting theme days to help celebrate this event as well. Please see the following schedule, which was also sent home with your child, which details our theme day events:
Wednesday: Pajama day! Your child may wear appropriate pajamas to school.
Thursday: Whacky ‘cat in the hat’ day! Students can dress down by wearing stripes and your own favorite crazy hat!
Friday: Crazy socks and mismatched shoes day!
- Friday, March 3rd – Early dismissal for all students due to staff professional development. All students will be dismissed at 1:20 PM. All tutoring and aftercare activities are cancelled.
- Save the date and come join us at the theatre! Come see our BASCS Elementary students as they present Jungle Book! Both performances will be at the BASCS Middle School campus at 200 MacArthur Avenue, Garfield. The performances are as follows:
Friday, March 3rd at 7:00 P.M. (Doors open at 6:30 p.m.)
Saturday, March 4th at 12:00 noon (Doors open at 11:30 a.m.)
Advanced tickets are on sale in the main office and will also be sold at the door. Tickets are $5 for adults, $3 for students and senior citizens and children under 3 are free. Please see the attached flyer for more important details as well as a ticket order form. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Re-enroll now! Thank you for choosing Bergen–ASCS for your child’s education. It is the Bergen-ASCS’s mission to provide the ideal environment for the intellectual and social development of its students by utilizing a combined effort of students, educators, families, and the community. As part of the Bergen-ASCS’s admission policy, all enrolled students are eligible for re-enrollment the following year, until they graduate from the school. This form will be mailed to all families and become available on the school’s websites. Please be reminded that if you have a child who will be entering Kindergarten for the first time, there is a section on the form for you to complete entitled: New Siblings. Please be sure to complete that if you wish for your child to be enrolled and considered for Sibling Priority. If you have children in other grade levels, please list them as well but be advised that it is not guaranteed. For other grade levels, it all depends on the space availability. However, if you are interested in having them be considered as well, please complete that portion so we can place them on our Sibling Waiting List. Once again this form is designed only for currently enrolled students. For the automatic re-enrollment, all parents are required to sign attached the re-enrollment form every year. Signed forms must be returned to school offices by Friday, March 17th. Re-enrollment forms will give us a better understanding of those families who wish to continue enrollment for their children at Bergen-ASCS.
- PTO News:
Thursday, March 9th –PTO Meeting at 6:30pm at the Bergen Middle School campus.
- Read Across America Week – March is the month, the 2nd is the date, and BASCS Middle will celebrate! To honor Dr. Seuss, Bergen Middle will be having the following activities next week:
·February 27 – March 2: Homework Reading Raffle – Look out for the flyer coming home with your students on Monday!! One student from each grade will win a catered lunch provided by Mr. Kul
March 2nd – Drop Everything and Read (DEAR) Day! During 7th period, the whole school will dedicate time to reading. Students can sit in the hallways, gymnasium, outside (weather permitting) and everyone will read together. Make sure your children come to school with either their kindle or a hard covered book.
March 3 – “Thing 1 & Thing 2” – Grab a friend and dress up as twins! Cost is $2 and students with over -15 demerits cannot dress down.
Seuss STEM – During Science class, students will be participating in Dr. Seuss themed STEM projects
½ Day Reminder – Friday March 3rd, all students will be dismissed at 1:10pm. All after school clubs and activities are canceled.
- Applebee’s Pancake Breakfast - F Saturday March 4 from 8am – 10am – Tickets are $10 and include pancakes, eggs, sausage, and drinks. All proceeds will go towards the 8th Grade Class of 2017. You can still order tickets or buy at the door. All families are invited to attend.
- Re-Enrollment Forms – Forms have been sent home with the students Every student must bring in a signed and completed copy by March 17th to keep their position in our school for the 2017-2018 school year. This form is important to help us determine any student that does not wish to return to our school next year in time for our lottery in April.
- Save the Date!
March 9th – PTO Meeting at 6:30pm in the Bergen Middle Gym.
March 10th – 7th Grade Field Trip to Medieval Times.
- Wednesday, March 1Model UN Dress-down Day-$2.
- Thursday, March 2Class Advisors Meeting at 3pm.
- Friday, March 3National Read Day-Longer Assembly (Modified Bell Schedule will be shared)
Early Dismissal-District PD (schedule will be shared)