- Wednesday, January 11th – BASCS Elementary Student Dress Down Day! All students may dress down for $2.00.
- Thursday, January 12th – We would like to invite you to Muffins with Moms from 7:30-8:00 A.M. in the school cafeteria. The students are welcome to bring their mother, grandmother, aunt, or any special woman in their life to attend the event with them. We look forward to seeing you at breakfast!
- Monday, January 16th – School is closed due to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday.
- Friday, January 27th – Early dismissal at 1:20 due to a Staff Professional Development. All aftercare and tutoring are cancelled.
- PTO Thursday, January 12th – PTO meeting at the BASCS Middle School at 6:30 P.M.
- Prismatic Magic Laser Program – Field Trip Money Due – January 10th.
To celebrate Black History Month, the SS Department is having an in school field trip for the students. There will be a laser show that celebrates the profound contributions of African-Americans in an exciting new way. The BHLT is a musical retrospective featuring wonderful songs from legends, such as Louis Armstrong, Cab Calloway, Chuck Berry, Ray Charles, and Aretha Franklin, moving into a powerful tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., with his profound “I have a Dream” address. It ends with a crescendo of current pop artists of varied races and ethnicities; artists who have all been inspired by the legends featured earlier in the program.
The cost is $2 per student and the form and money are due to your child’s Social Studies Teacher on Tuesday! An extra form has been attached here.
Grade 4/5 – Ms. Ehrenberg
Grade 5/6 – Mrs. Fasciano
Grade 6/7 – Ms. Kirsch
Grade 7/8 – Mrs. Psihoules
- No School – January 16th – Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- National School Choice Week: January 23rd to 27th - Held every January, National School Choice Week shines a positive spotlight on effective education options for every child. The goal of National School Choice Week (NSCW) is to raise public awareness of all types of education options for children. These options include traditional public schools, public charter schools, magnet schools, online learning, private schools, and homeschooling. Please keep an eye out for the School Choice Week Flyer that will mention special events and activities to help celebrate.
- January 27th - Half Day - 1:10pm Dismissal - All after school clubs and activities are canceled.