All Bergen ASCS Campuses
- Monday, December 19th through Monday, January 2nd - School is closed due to Winter break. School will reopen on Tuesday, January 3rd.
- Morning Drop off - Please be reminded that morning drop off time is between 7:30 - 7:55 p.m. Students are not permitted to enter the building before 7:30 a.m. as there is nobody to supervise the children before this time.
- Monday, December 12th - We would like to invite you to our BASCS Elementary Spring Concert at the BASCS Middle School Campus. We are always so excited to see the overwhelming number of parents and families who attend the winter and spring concerts, and the opportunity to enjoy watching your children display their talent on stage. Therefore, to ensure everyone’s safety and the ability to enjoy the show, we will be holding two separate concerts. The performances for grades K-1 and grades 2-3 will run as follows:
Grades K-1 Concert will begin promptly at 6:00 p.m. The K-1 students must arrive at the Middle School at 5:30 p.m. and will meet their teachers in the gym. The main entrance doors will open for the K-1 parents and students at 5:30.
Grades 2-3 Concert will begin at 7:00 p.m. (Grades 2-3 students must arrive at the Middle School at 6:30 and MUST enter through the blue doors). Students ONLY will be permitted to enter through these doors and will be sent to their assigned classrooms. Parents will proceed to the front entrance of the school. The doors will open at 6:30 p.m. for second and third grade parents.
Parents will receive color coded tickets, which will go home with their child ahead of time, to determine when you will gain access to the gym. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. for K-1 parents and at 6:30 p.m. for grades 2-3 parents. Parents who have children in both performances will be permitted to enter at 5:30 p.m. We are looking forward to seeing you all there!
- Friday, December 16th - Early dismissal for students due to staff development. All students will be dismissed at 1:20 P.M. and all aftercare and tutoring are cancelled.
- Wednesday December 7th: 4th through 8th grade students will take the PARCC Prep Assessment II on these days.
- Basketball Season Kicks Off The BASCS basketball teams will have their first game of the season on December 8th in East Rutherford, and the home opener will be December 14th. All games have been posted on the Bergen Middle Calendar. We hope you can come out and support our student-athletes.
- Winter Concert – December 13th Students should arrive back to school at 6:00 p.m. and be dressed in the required outfit. More information was sent home with your child this week by our Music teacher, Mr. Summonte. Please note that ALL afterschool clubs and tutoring will be cancelled on December 13th, so that we can prepare for the concert.
- Homework Challenge Starting this week, for every class in which your student completes all homework assignments for the week, he or she will earn a raffle ticket. Then, twice per month, we’ll draw a name from each grade level to receive a $10 Amazon gift card. The more homework that your student completes, the better their chances! They can earn up to one raffle ticket for each class per week.
- Save the Date: December 16th – ½ Day – 1:10 p.m. Dismissal - All clubs and after school activities have been canceled.
- Thursday, Dec 8, 2016: iLearn PARCC Prep Makeups.
4:00 p.m. Bowling: Varsity & JV Match vs. Park Ridge @ Parkway Lanes
School Board meetings: Bergen 6 – 7 p.m.
Bergen PTO Meeting at Bergen Middle 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec 14, 2016: Winter Concert at 6:30 p.m. at Bergen High (gymnasium)
- Friday, Dec 16, 2016: Early Dismissal
- Thursday, December 8th – PTO Meeting at 6:30 p.m. at the BASCS Middle School campus. Flyer
- December 8th and 9th – Get ready to shop! A holiday shop will be set up at BASCS Elementary for students to purchase gifts for the holidays.
- Saturday, December 10 - Breakfast with Santa. Flyer
- Friday, December 16th - PTO dress down for students for $2.00