As you may know, the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) assessment will be administered across New Jersey March 27, 2017 through May 19, 2017. Bergen Elementary will be testing Math, May 2nd-5th and ELA, May 9th-11th. On these days, ALL students will be provided complimentary breakfast.
As with any standardized test, parents play a vital role in helping their children prepare for testing days. We kindly ask that you assist your child in doing his or her best, keeping the following in mind:
- Student attendance is critical! Please plan around the test dates to avoid absences and appointments that would require students to miss a test session. Testing will begin shortly after morning announcements. In the event that a child arrives at school after his/her class has started testing, that child will be scheduled for a make-up session of the unit(s) missed due to lateness of arrival.
- Ensure that your child gets a good night’s sleep and rest before each test day. Sleep is a key factor in student success, and many teachers report that students who do not get a good night’s sleep perform lower on tests.
- Ensure that your child eats a fulfilling breakfast on test mornings at home or at school. A healthy breakfast will keep your child full and provide the energy he/she needs to take the test. Free breakfast for students will be served daily at school.
- We will begin serving breakfast at 7:30 a.m. Students must be in their class no later than 8:00 a.m. Testing will begin promptly each morning.
- No electronic devices (other than the testing device) including but not limited to cell phones, tablets, e-readers are permitted to be in use by anyone in the classroom while testing is in session. Any electronic devices not presented to the teacher for safe-keeping prior to entering testing location will be confiscated and must be reported to the NJ Department of Education as a testing irregularity and security breach.
We believe that with parent support and involvement in your student’s education, all children will be on their way to a bright future.
If you have any questions about PARCC testing, please feel free to contact our School Test Coordinator Mrs. Mioli at firstname.lastname@example.org